The following are required when applying for a Non-immigrant Visa:
- Valid passport (must be valid for at least 6 months subsequent to planned travel)
- Electronic Visa Application Form (DS-160) - This form must be filled out by the applicant online and printed from that website. (Handwritten or typewriter-typed forms are no longer accepted)
- One photo (2"x2")
- $160 application fee (for the purpose of reciprocity, citizens of certain countries may be required to pay an additional visa issuance fee)
Separate documents are required for other visa classifications, such as student, temporary work, or religious work. If you have questions regarding the requirements for these visas, please contact the Consular Office.
Applicants must prove they have strong ties to a foreign country to which they intend to return. Such proof may include, but is not limited to:
- Having a residency abroad which the applicant does not intend to abandon
- Coming to the United States for a definite, temporary period
- Committing to depart upon the conclusion of the visit
- Having access to sufficient funds to cover the expenses of the visit and the return passage
Visa Processing Time
Applicants can find the latest information on visa wait times online.
If you have an urgent need for a visa to travel, please contact the US Embassy Consular Section at 691-320-2187 during working hours, Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm to explain the nature of your emergency. It is advisable that you electronically complete and submit the online application form, DS-160, prior to requesting for an emergency appointment. You can’t proceed with an interview without an application. Please note that requesting for an emergency appointment does not guarantee visa issuance. You still have to meet the visa requirements to be eligible for a visa. Cases, determined to be an emergency by the US Embassy Consular Section, will be given an appointment as soon as possible.
Hours Of Operation
Tuesdays and Wednesdays
8:30AM to 12:00PM
2:00PM to 4:00PM
Embassy Office Hours
Monday through Friday
8:00AM to 5:00PM